Jan. 8, 2014
• Michigan State ended Ohio State’s 15-game winning streak in its first overtime game of the season.
• This is the second time this season that MSU has defeated a top-five team, with the first win coming when No. 2 Michigan State beat No. 1 Kentucky on Nov. 12.
• The Spartans are the first team to score more than 70 points against Ohio State this season.
• MSU forced a season-high 21 OSU turnovers, the most the Buckeyes have committed all season, and capitalized by outscoring Ohio State 26-17 on points off turnovers.
• All three shots the Spartans made in overtime were from three-point range.
• Michigan State held the Buckeyes to 22.2 percent from behind the arc, shooting 4-18.
• Kenny Kaminski tallied a career-high nine points on 3-of-4 shooting (all 3-pointers).
• Playing a career-high 43 minutes, Keith Appling scored 20 points, marking his sixth game this season in which he has scored 20 or more points.
• Adreian Payne recorded 18 points despite not starting the game due to a foot sprain.