Jan. 13, 2013
Box Score |
Photo Gallery 1 |
Photo Gallery 2
EAST LANSING, Mich. -
- Michigan State held the largest lead by 10 points with 23 seconds left to play in the second half.
- The lead changed 12 times between the Spartans and the Cornhuskers and the game featured seven ties.
- The Spartans remain undefeated at home this season with a record of 11-0, MSU has won 28 of the last 29 home games at the Breslin Center.
- Michigan State's bench outscored Nebraska's 17-0, with Payne leading the way for MSU with 14 points off the bench.
- Adreian Payne (6-6), Branden Dawson (6-7) and Derrick Nix (6-9) combined to shoot 18-of-22 from the floor totaling 43 points.
- Junior Keith Appling tied his career high with nine assists. Appling had nine assists against Iowa on Jan. 10, 2012.
- Branden Dawson scored in double figures for his third-straight game. Dawson hit 6-of-7 shots from the field and finished with 12 points.
- Derrick Nix (team-high 17 points) has scored in double figures in five of his last seven games (12.7 points per game during the stretch).
- Denzel Valentine posted eight rebounds, a personal-best in Big-Ten play.
- Michigan State committed just 11 turnovers, marking its third straight game with 12 or fewer.
- Gary Harris missed his first 10 shots until making a 3-pointer on his 11th shot to give MSU a 58-54 advantage with 1:49 remaining.
- MSU made just 10 of its first 20 free throw attempts, but hit all eight in the game's final 4:13.