Michigan State 71, Indiana 66 Post-Game Notes
Jan. 21, 2014
• With the win, Michigan State improves to 18-1 on the season, the best start in school history.
• MSU’s 7-0 start in the Big Ten is the best since 2009-10 when the Spartans started 9-0 in conference play. It is only the third time in school history the Spartan’s have started 7-0, the other coming in the 1977-78 season.
• Gary Harris had 20 of his game-high 24 points in the second half. Harris took over the game shooting 6-for-8 from the floor and 4-of-5 from behind the arc.
• Harris is averaging 22.5 points in four career games against Indiana.
• Harris’ game-high 24-points were off just 13 shot attempts. In the last two games, he has tallied 47 points on 22 field-goal attempts.
• Trailing 46-41 with 10:57 remaining in the second half, MSU used a 21-6 run to open up its largest lead of the game.
• Michigan State improves to 6-0 this season when trailing at the half.
• MSU forced 18 Hoosier turnovers, highlighted by five steals by Gary Harris.
• The Spartans outscored Indiana 22-8 in transition.
• MSU has won 18 of the last 19 games vs. Indiana at the Breslin Center.
• Branden Dawson’s team-high nine rebounds, including five offensive, marks the 12th time this season that he has led the Spartans on the glass.