Michigan State 75, Michigan 80 Post-Game Notes
Jan. 25, 2014
• Michigan State committed a season-low five turnovers. It is the fewest turnovers in a game since the Spartans had five in a home win over Minnesota on Feb. 6, 2013.
• Gary Harris scored a career-high 27 points. It marked the seventh game this season he has tallied 20+ points, the 11th of his career. He has scored in double figures in all 17 games he’s played in this season.
• Keith Appling recorded a career-high 10 assists, the most by any Spartan this season.
• Paired with 10 points, Appling’s 10 assists earned him the first double-double of his career. He is the fifth Spartan to record a double-double this season for a team total of 13.
• Playing in a career-high 28 minutes, Matt Costello scored a career-high nine points and grabbed eight rebounds. He led Michigan State in rebounds for the first time in his career.
• Alvin Ellis III recorded a career-high 12 points, recording a perfect 4-of-4 from the field, 2-2 from the behind the arc and 2-2 at the free-throw line.
• Kenny Kaminski made his first career start in tonight’s game.