Michigan State 71, Northwestern 61
March 10, 2013
- With the win over Northwestern, MSU finishes the regular season at 24-7, including a 13-5 record in the Big Ten conference.
- Michigan State concluded the regular season with a 16-1 record in the Breslin Center, improving to 8-1 in Big Ten play.
- This marks the 120th game played between Michigan State and Northwestern and the lone meeting this season. MSU improves their all-time record against the Wildcats to 82-38.
- The Spartans are now 18-1 all-time in games played against Northwestern in the Breslin Center. Tom Izzo improves his career record to 27-4 vs. the Wildcats.|
- Michigan State set season highs for field-goal percentage (.658) and 3-point field-goal percentage (.600).
- In his last game played in the Breslin Center, senior center Derrick Nix led the team in assists with six, tying his career-high. He recorded 10 points and four rebounds in his first game starting against Northwestern.
- Junior guard Keith Appling was the leading scorer for the Spartans with 16 points. MSU is 18-3 this season when Appling scores in double figures.
- Gary Harris scored in double figures for his seventh-straight game (12 points). Harris has reached double figures in 22 of 29 games.