March 15, 2014
Michigan State-Northwestern Post-Game Notes
- The Spartans led by as many as 24 points in their 67-51 win over Northwestern. MSU's 16-point margin of victory is the fifth largest for MSU in Big Ten Tournament history.
- Michigan State has improved to 11-6 in the Big Ten Tournament quarterfinals, 20-13 overall in tournament history.
- Indiana natives Branden Dawson (16) and Gary Harris (13) combined for 26 points in their home state.
- The Spartans out-rebounded Northwestern 40-24, including a 20-to-5 edge in second-chance points and 13 offensive boards.
- Michigan State scored 21 points off of 11 Wildcat turnovers.
- MSU has now won 20 of the last 22 games against the Wildcats, and is now 4-0 against Northwestern in the Big Ten Tournament.
- Branden Dawson led MSU with nine rebounds and 16 points, shooting 8-for-12. He tied his career-high eight made field goals. The Spartans are undefeated this season when Dawson scores in double figures. The 16 points were the most for Dawson since scoring 20 at Penn State on Dec. 31.
- Gary Harris tallied a career-high three blocks.