March 15, 2014
Box Score |
Photo Gallery 1 |
Photo Gallery 2
- Michigan State improved to 21-13 all-time in the Big Ten Tournament, including 4-7 in the semifinals.
- With six Spartans scoring in double digits, it marks just the second game (McNeese State, 11/8/13) of the season in which MSU had as many players in double figures. It marks the first time Michigan State has ever had six double figure scorers in the Big Ten Tournament.
- Adreian Payne scored a team-high 18 points in 17 minutes, shooting 7-for-10 from the floor and a perfect 2-for-2 from 3-point range.
- Michigan State held a 15-6 advantage over the Badgers in fast-break points, including 10-0 at halftime.
- Branden Dawson tallied 14 points and added seven rebounds. MSU is now 20-3 with Dawson playing, including 16-2 when he starts. In five games since his return to the lineup, he is averaging 10.0 points and 7 rebounds.
- Sparked by a 16-1 run over 5:04 in the first half, the Spartans led by as many as 21 points over No. 2-seed Wisconsin.
- MSU's 83 points were its third-highest point total in Big Ten Tournament history, and the most its ever scored in the semifinals or finals.