Michigan State 98, McNeese State 56
Nov. 8, 2013
• With the 98-56 win over McNeese State, MSU improved its all-time opening record to 91-24, winning 34 of the last 37.
• Michigan State is now 97-18 all-time in home openers. Overall, the Spartans are 80-11 in season openers at home.
• Head coach Tom Izzo owns an undefeated 19-0 record in home openers.
• First game since Dec. 19, 2000 at Seton Hall that three Spartans have recorded double-figure rebounds (Andre Hutson -13, Aloysius Anagonye-12, Charlie Bell-11).
• First game since Dec. 15, 1988 that three players had a double-double in the same game (Ken Redfield - 22 pts, 10 reb; Steve Smith - 23 pts, 12 reb; Jesse Hall - 14pts, 11 reb).
• MSU recorded its largest margin of victory in a season opener since Nov. 22, 1999 when it posted a 78-33 win over Toledo. It is the seventh all-time largest margin of victory in a season-opener.
• In the month of November, MSU owns an all-time record of 101-30, including a 72-3 mark at home.
• Michigan State outscored McNeese State 40-12 on the fast break and 56-16 in the paint.
• The Spartans recorded 32 assists to 42 field goals made. The 32 assist total ties for fourth all-time in a single-game.
• Michigan State used 18 offensive rebounds to outscore McNeese State 23-3 in second-chance points.
• Three Spartans recorded a double-double, while six players scored in double figures.
• MSU outrebounded the Cowboys 66-29, including pulling down 48 defensive rebounds. The 66 rebound total is Breslin Center record, as the previous high was 62 set on December 16, 1989 (the year the arena opened) in a 94-65 rout of Detroit, the year the arena opened.
• Michigan State took off on a 37-12 run at the 14:10 mark to end the first half.
• Adreian Payne tallied 10 points to add to his 10 rebounds, recording his 11th career double-double.
• Earning his first career double-double, Gary Harris posted a career-high 10 rebounds and scored a game-high 20 points.
• Branden Dawson recorded the seventh double-double of his career, pulling down a game-high 12 rebounds and scoring 12 points. He also posted a career-high five assists.
• Travis Trice had a career-high eight assists, to just two turnovers. He also tied his career high in rebounds with five.