Michigan State 62, Columbia 53
Nov. 16, 2013
• Michigan State has now won 36 of the last 38 games at the Breslin Center.
• The Spartans have won 71 of their last 72 non-conference home games, and 72-straight games against unranked non-conference opponents at Breslin.
• Adreian Payne tallied a career-high 26 points in MSU’s win.
• Payne recorded his 12th double-double, scoring 26 points and 11 rebounds. He led the team in both categories.
• MSU defeated Columbia in their first-ever meeting and is now 18-4 against Ivy League opponents.
• Michigan State is now 329-46 (.877) at home all-time in the Breslin Center.
• Head coach Tom Izzo is now 255-31(.892) at the Breslin Center and 442-178 (.713) overall.
• In the month of November, MSU is now 103-30 all-time, including a 73-3 mark at home. • Izzo now owns an undefeated 51-0 record at home in November.
• Posting three blocks in the game, Payne is now tied with Draymond Green for second most in MSU history with 117.
• Shooting 8-10 from the line, Payne netted the most free-throws in his career.
• MSU is now 9-3 when Payne posts a double-double.
• The Spartans held Columbia to just 53 points after the Lions entered the game averaging 71.5.