Michigan State 82, Portland 67
Nov. 18, 2013
• Keith Appling tied his career-high with 25 points, the last time he was able to tally that number was against Tuskegee on Dec. 15, 2012.
• Appling also recorded seven assists while only turning the ball over once.
• Tying his career-high in 3-point shots made, Appling was 5-5 from behind the arc and 6-6 from the line.
• Michigan State is 330-46 at the Breslin Center all-time, including 256-31 under head coach Tom Izzo.
• The Spartans have now won 37 of their last 39 games at Breslin and 72 of the last 73 non-conference games at Breslin.
• With tonight’s win over Portland, MSU has won 73 straight games against unranked non-conference opponents at Breslin.
• Michigan State improved its all-time record in the month of November to 104-30, including a 74-3 mark at home.
• Head coach Tom Izzo owns an undefeated 52-0 all-time record at home in November.
• The Spartans shot a season-high 84.6% (11 for 13) on free-throw attempts.
• Michigan State starters were a combined 10 for 10 from the free-throw line.
• With the game tied at 46 with 12:43 remaining, MSU was sparked by a five unanswered points by Travis Trice. From the 12:43 mark on, the Spartans closed the game with a 36-21 run.
• Michigan State’s 13 made 3-pointers are a season-high, equaling the third-best effort in school history.
• After shooting .333 from 3-point range (15-of-45) on the season, the Spartans shot 43.3% from behind the arc.
• The Spartans pulled down 15 offensive boards, leading to a 24-9 edge in second-chance points.
• Branden Dawson posted a team-high 10 rebounds, leading the team in the category for the third game this season.
• Adreian Payne made a season-high seven field goals and attempted a career-high 17.
• Tying his career-high in 3-pointers, Payne shot 3-8 from the perimeter. The last time he recorded as many 3-point shots was against Indiana on Feb. 19, 2013.