Nov. 24, 2007
EAST LANSING, Mich. -
* Michigan State grabbed 20 team offensive rebounds, tying its previous season high set against Chicago State on Nov. 13.
* MSU shot 23-for-32 at the free throw line, compared to 9-of-15 for Oakland. The 14-point free throw differential was the second highest of the season for the Spartans, who had a 19-point free throw advantage vs. ULM on Nov. 14.
* Michigan State has outrebounded four of its first five opponents, and the Spartans are 4-0 when grabbing more rebounds than their opponents.
* MSU improved to 7-0 all-time versus Oakland, including a 6-0 mark at home.
* The Spartans shot 50 percent (12-for-24) in the first half, and have shot at least 50 percent in the opening half of each of their five games this season.
* Junior center Goran Suton grabbed a career-high 20 rebounds, five more than his previous high of 15, which was set Dec. 23, 2006 vs. Green Bay. The last MSU player to grab 20 rebounds was Kevin Willis, who grabbed 20 against Wisconsin on March 5, 1983. He also recorded his ninth career double-figure rebound game, with MSU posting a 6-2 record in those contests.
* Goran Suton tied a school record with 11 offensive rebounds. The only other Spartan to grab 11 offensive rebounds in a game was Antonio Smith on Jan. 29, 1997. (Offensive rebound records kept since 1986-87.)
* Sophomore forward Raymar Morgan had his second 20-point game of the season and of his career. It was also his 26th career double-digit scoring performance of his career. Michigan State is 18-8 when Morgan scores 10 points or more. Morgan got his points on 8-for-10 shooting, his best shooting performance of the season when attempting at least 10 shots. Morgan was 6-for-6 from the floor against Missouri on Nov. 19.
* Senior guard Drew Neitzel handed out six assists and had just one turnover. He now 23 assists and six turnovers on the season, good for a 3.83:1 assist-to-turnover ratio. Neitzel also scored 12 points to pass Bill Kilgore for 32nd place on MSU's all-time scoring list. Neitzel has 1,106 career points.
* Senior center Drew Naymick got his first start of the season and the 19th of his career. His 19 minutes played tied a season best set against ULM on Nov. 14.
at the official