Spartans record second-straight 18-point victory over Top 5 team.
• The game marked the first meeting between the Spartans and Fighting Irish in East Lansing since Feb. 4, 1974.
• For the second time in the last three meetings, both Michigan State (No. 3) and Notre Dame (No. 5) were ranked in the Top 5. On March 18, 1979, No. 3 Michigan State defeated No. 4 Notre Dame, 80-68, in the Elite Eight of the NCAA Tournament.
• With 18-point victories over both No. 9 North Carolina and No. 5 Notre Dame, Tom Izzo has defeated back-to-back Top-10 opponents in the regular season for the first time in his 23-year career.
• MSU’s 18-point victory over No. 5 Notre Dame was its largest over a Top 5 team since Feb. 12, 2013 (75-52 vs. #4 Michigan).
• Michigan State has beaten a pair of Top-10 teams by 18 points this week (No. 9 North Carolina and No. 5 Notre Dame). It marks the sixth and seventh time the Spartans have beaten a Top 10 team by 18 or more points during the Tom Izzo era (1/21/98 vs. No. 10 Iowa; 2/5/2000 vs. UConn; 3/23/2003 vs. No. 10 Florida; 3/11/2011 vs. Purdue, 2/12/2013 vs. Michigan).
• The victory was the first for the Spartans over a Top 5 opponent since Nov. 17, 2015 vs. No. 4 Kansas (79-73).
• The win was No. 550 for MSU coach Tom Izzo, who improved to 63-0 all-time at home in November.
• For the second straight November MSU played its third Top 10 team in the opening month of the season.
• Michigan State’s four scholarship sophomores (Miles Bridges, Joshua Langford, Nick Ward and Cassius Winston) all scored in double figures for the third time this season.
• Michigan State held a 42-21 advantage on the glass, including a 15-5 edge in offensive rebounds, resulting in a 20-6 advantage in second-chance points.
• The Spartans grabbed 15 offensive rebounds compared to 16 defensive boards for the Fighting Irish.
• According to ESPN Stats & Info, MSU outscored Notre Dame, 19-5, in transition. The Fighting Irish entered the night allowing just 5.8 transition points per game.
• Cassius Winston led the team in scoring for the second time this season (sharing the honors with Joshua Langford with 17 points) … This was his fifth game in double figures this season and the 12th of his career.
• Winston handed out seven assists, marking his fifth game this season with at least seven and the 17th of his career.
• Joshua Langford tied for a team-high with 17 points, his second-straight game leading the team in scoring … It was his fifth game in double figures and the 12th of his career.
• Miles Bridges scored 14 points, his fifth game in double figures this season and the 30th of his career.
• Michigan State handed out 21 assists, the fourth game this season with at least 20.
• The Spartans connected on 51.7 percent of their field goals, the fourth time this season the team shot at least 50 percent from the floor … The team hit 56.4 percent of its two-pointers (22-of-39).
• MSU hit nine 3-pointers, the fifth game with at least eight shots from long distance, and connected on 42.9 percent of its shots, the team’s second-best mark of the season.
• Junior guard Matt McQuaid handed out a season-high four assists.