Drew Neitzel Records Career-High Nine Assists
Dec. 3, 2005
EAST LANSING, Mich. -
* Drew Neitzel set a career high in assists, dishing out nine assists against Arkansas-Little Rock. His previous high, eight, was against Chaminade on Nov. 21, 2005 at the Maui Invitational.
* Paul Davis notched a team-high 23 points on the afternoon, his third-straight 20-plus point game, and fourth this season.
* Davis brought his career point total to 1,287, moving him past Quinton Brooks into 18th place on the all-time list. Matt Steigenga sits in 17th place with 1,296.
* Davis' perfect 11-for-11 performance from the free-throw line gives him 359 career free throws, good for 10th in Spartan history.
* Davis has been perfect from the free throw line in four games this season, three of them double-digit performances.
* For the first time this season, MSU won a game when shooting less than 50 percent from the floor. Previously, it was 0-2.
* Matt Trannon made his 2005-06 season debut on Saturday versus Arkansas-Little Rock, registering two points and a rebound.
* Attendance for today's game was 11,654, the largest collegiate basketball crowd at Van Andel Arena in Grand Rapids, and the third largest crowd for a sporting event at the venue.
* The Spartans and Trojans went into halftime tied at 30 apiece, the first time MSU has been tied at halftime all season. Previously, State had led in five games and trailed in one at the game's midway point.
* MSU has scored over 70 points in six-straight games.
* The Green and White tied a season mark by holding its opponent to 67 points. They also held Chaminade to 67 points in the second game of the season.
at the official