Spartans improve to 20-3 in Big Ten home openers.
• Michigan State improved to 32-36 in Big Ten openers, including 18-10 at home. Tom Izzo improved to 14-9 in Big Ten openers, including 8-1 at home.
• The Spartans improved to 48-20 in Big Ten home openers, including 20-3 under Izzo.
• Michigan State committed a season-low six turnovers.
• Sophomore forward Nick Ward tied his season high with 22 points … It was his eighth career game with at least 20 points and the 31st time in his career with double figures.
• Freshman forward Jaren Jackson Jr. had 15 points and 10 rebounds for his fourth double-double this season.
• Michigan State has won three-straight games against Nebraska and seven of the 10 meetings since Nebraska joined the Big Ten Conference.
• The 29-point win was the largest MSU win over Nebraska in head-to-head series action.
• Michigan State blocked 11 shots, marking the third time this season the team had at least 10.
• Michigan State held Nebraska to 57 points, marking the fourth time this season the Spartans have held an opponent to 60 points for fewer.
• Nebraska shot just 27.4 percent from the field, becoming the third Spartan opponent to shoot less than 30 percent from the field.
• Michigan State held a 32-8 edge in points in the paint.