Dec. 6, 2012
Box Score |
Photo Gallery 1 |
Photo Gallery 2
- MSU improved to 7-0 all-time against opponents from the SWAC.
- The last time a Spartan opponent scored fewer than 12 points in the first half: 11 by Penn State on Jan. 22, 2003. The Spartans held Texas Southern to 12 first-half points on Nov. 18, 2011.
- Michigan State out-rebounded Arkansas-Pine Bluff, 45-31. The Spartans have out-rebounded all nine of their opponents thus far this season.
- MSU recorded 21 assists on 28 made field goals (75 percent). Nine different Spartans posted at least one assist.
- The Spartans have now won 24 of the last 25 games in the Breslin Center, including 15-straight non-conference games.
- MSU's bench outscored UAPB's reserves, 33-5. The Spartans also had a 28-11 edge in points off of turnovers.
- The largest lead of the game was held by Michigan State by 37 at 11:51 left in the second half.
- Travis Trice came off the bench to score a season-high 12 points vs. UAPB. Trice also matched his career-best with five assists.
- Gary Harris scored in double figures for the sixth time in seven games. He led the team in scoring for the second time this season (13 pts).
- Adreian Payne (8) led the Spartans in rebounding for the fourth time this season. Payne grabbed a season-high four offensive rebounds.
- Branden Dawson (10 points vs. UAPB) has reached double figures in scoring in seven of the first nine games.
- Brandon Kearney recorded a career-best four steals vs. UAPB.
- MSU has now won 69-straight games against unranked non-conference opponents in the Breslin Center.