Michigan State 78, North Florida 48 Post-Game Notes
Dec. 17, 2013
• The Spartans improved to 9-1 on the season and 332-47 in the Breslin Center.
• MSU jumped up early with a 21-4 run in the first 7:10 of the game, capped off by an Alvin Ellis III three-point play off a steal.
• Michigan State limited the Ospreys to 16 percent from behind the arc, the lowest the Spartans have held an opponent.
• The Spartans have now won 39 of the last 42 games at the Breslin Center and 74 of the last 76 non-conference home games.
• Michigan State held North Florida to 29.6 percent on 16-for-54 shooting
• MSU recorded 10 steals leading to a 22-7 advantage on points off turnovers.
• The Spartans outscored North Florida 42 to 22 in the paint.
• Shooting 4-for-6, Russell Byrd scored a career-high 10 points.
• Branden Dawson tied his career-high with six points from the free-throw line.
• MSU shot 70.8 percent in the first half, the best percentage in any half this year.