Dec. 28, 2013
• The Spartans scored the most points since Dec. 4, 2011 against Nebraska-Omaha (110-68).
• MSU’s 53-point margin of victory is the fifth-most at the Breslin Center.
• Under head coach Tom Izzo, the Spartans are now 450-179 and 259-32 at the Breslin Center .
• Michigan State has now won 40 of the last 43 games at the Breslin Center and 75 of the last 77 non- conference home games.
• MSU out-rebounded New Orleans, 54-31, the second-greatest rebound margin the Spartans have posted this season.
• The Spartans recorded 25 assists after averaging 19.0 on the season to pace the Big Ten and rank second in the nation.
• Michigan State scored 29 points off of turnovers, while the Privateers posted just six.
• MSU’s 54.5 field-goal percentage marks the seventh game where the Spartans have shot 50 percent or better.
• Michigan State scored 42 points in the paint and 22 off of the bench.
• With under nine minutes left in the second half, the Spartans shot off on a 21-0 run capped off by 3-pointer by Alvin Ellis III.
• Denzel Valentine pulled down a career-high 13 rebounds. He is averaging 12.0 in the last two games.
• Valentine recorded his first double-double of the season, and second of his career, to become the fourth MSU player to earn a double-double this season.
• Keith Appling tied his career-high of 27 points, including a perfect 4-for-4 from 3-point range, and also tied his season-high of eight assists.
• Gary Harris posted a career-high of five steals, while narrowly missing a double-double with 19 points and nine rebounds.