Nov. 18, 2006
· With eight catches for 85 yards, Matt Trannon finished his career as Michigan State's all-time receptions leader with 148.
· Kerry Reed moved into fifth place on the MSU single-season receptions list with 64 catches. Reed finished the day with seven catches for 50 yards.
· Brian Hoyer threw for 291 yards on 30-of-61 passing. It marked his second-straight 200-yard game after throwing for 330 yards against Minnesota last week.
· Hoyer's 61 pass attempts established a school record. The previous mark was held by Jeff Smoker, who attempted 55 passes against Ohio State in 2003. As a team, MSU attempted 62 passes, breaking the previous single-game record of 56 (Ohio State-2003, Purdue-1980).
· Hoyer's 30 completions rank tied for fifth on the MSU single-game chart. Jeff Smoker holds the MSU single-game record with 35 completions against Ohio State in 2003.
· Drew Stanton did not start today's game (concussion vs. Minnesota), snapping a streak of 24 consecutive games as the starting quarterback.
· Michigan State's defense forced a season high four turnovers, all of them coming on fumbles.
· Eric Andino caught two passes for 15 yards, marking the first two receptions of his career. Kellen Davis caught six passes for 61 yards. He entered the game with six receptions for 64 yards on the season in seven previous games.
at the official