Nov. 26, 2011
Final Stats |
Photo Gallery 1 |
Photo Gallery 2
- The Spartans win their 10th game for just the fourth time in program history (1965, 1999, 2010) and for the first time in back-to-back seasons. Coach Dantonio becomes the first MSU head coach to win 10-games twice in their career.
- Michigan State now leads the all-time series with Northwestern 36-16, including an 18-10 record in games played in Evanston, Ill. The Spartans have won four in a row. They have also recorded victories in five of their last six trips to Ryan Field.
- Kirk Cousins gained sole possession of the MSU career records for touchdown passes (62) and 200-yard games (24).
- The Spartans finish their second-consecutive perfect month of November, going 4-0. Under Dantonio, Michigan State has compiled a 13-3 record (.813) in November.
- The 17 points allowed are the fewest scored by Northwestern this season (previous was 21 at Army) and the lowest total since it scored 17 against Purdue on Oct. 9, 2010.
- Michigan State entered the game with only one 90-yard drive in the previous 11 games, but had two this afternoon. MSU's first touchdown drive covered 97 yards, the longest Spartan drive of the season.
- Kirk Cousins went 14-for-20 for 214 yards and two touchdowns today. He moved up the MSU single-season lists, now tied for second in touchdowns (21), fifth in completions (218), and sixth in yards (2,635) and attempts (339). The marks are career highs in touchdown passes and attempts.
- B.J. Cunningham caught six passes for 120 yards and two touchdowns. Cunningham is now tied for fourth on the MSU single-season list in receiving touchdowns (9) and receptions (67), and fifth in receiving yards (1,125). His nine receiving touchdowns tie his career high set last year.
- Cunningham moved past Charles Rogers into second on the Spartan career receiving yard list with 2,905. He is now only 87 yards behind tying Andre Rison for the school record.
- With his two touchdown catches today, Cunningham moves into sole possession for third on the MSU touchdown reception list (22).
- Cunningham's 120 receiving yards was his ninth 100-yard game in his career, and the sixth most in his four-year career.
- On his 57-yard punt return for a touchdown, Keshawn Martin moved from fifth to second on the Spartan career punt return yard list with 644.
- Kevin Pickelman set a season-high and tied his career-best with a game-high eight tackles.
- Tony Lippett set season highs with five tackles and three pass breakups.
- Marcus Rush set a new season high with two sacks.
- Michigan State's six sacks today were the third most this season (nine at Ohio State, seven vs. Michigan) and the second most allowed by Northwestern in 2011.
- With his 47 rush yards, Edwin Baker moves into 13th on the MSU career list with 2,252.
- Nick Hill is now fifth on the MSU single-season list with 840 kickoff return yards.