Fourth Annual Spartan Hockey Women’s Clinic to Take Place Aug. 19
Registration is now open for the popular camp.
EAST LANSING - Registration is now open for the fourth annual Spartan Hockey Women’s Clinic, hosted by Michigan State head coach Tom Anastos and his wife, Lisa. The clinic will take place on Wednesday, Aug. 19 from 6-10 p.m. at Munn Ice Arena.
The popular clinic - which has sold out each of the previous three years - is designed for the female hockey FAN, not just the seasoned player. Participants will gain insight on offensive, defensive, and special-team strategies, as well as have a chance to "lace `em up" for some on-ice instruction with current hockey players and the MSU staff.
“This event has sold out quickly three consecutive years and is a ton of fun – both for those who attend, as well as our staff and players,” Anastos said. “The up close and personal experience really allows the participants to make a unique connection with our players and get a behind-the-scenes look at our program.”
The $100 registration fee includes the opportunity to go behind the scenes, go on a recruiting tour, tape your own stick, go through a pre-game routine, put on the hockey gear and then hit the ice for some fun. Hockey equipment (including skates) will be provided for those who need it, but participants may bring their own equipment if they choose. Space is limited and participants must be 18 or older.
• Q & A session with Coach Anastos, his wife and daughters
• Clinic will conclude with hors d'oeuvres & beverages
• Individual and group photo
• Hockey Stick & Official Spartan Game Puck
• NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY!
• 5:00 - 6:00 p.m. - Clinic check-in
• 6:00 - 7:50 p.m. - Welcome, staff introductions & group dynamic stretch (off-Ice hockey fundamentals/Learn to tape your stick!)
• 6:50 - 7:20 p.m. - Facilities Tour (Spartan hockey offices, lounge, video room, weight room, training room and dressing room.)
• 7:20 - 8:00 p.m. - Equipment Demonstration & Dress into hockey uniform in the Spartan dressing room
• 8:00 - 8:50 p.m. - On-ice session
• 8:50 - 9:00 p.m. - Individual & Group Photos (on-ice)
• 9:15 - 10:00 p.m. - Q & A Session/Hors'Doeuvres & beverages- Huntington Club