Men's Tennis Toppled by No. 32 Louisville, 7-0
Spartans complete non-conference schedule.
March 15, 2014
LOUISVILLE, Ky. - The Michigan State men's tennis team (6-8, 0-1 Big Ten) concluded its non-conference schedule Saturday afternoon by losing to No. 32 Louisville. Competing at the Bass-Rudd Tennis Center in Louisville, Ky., MSU was swept, 7-0.
MSU finished its non-conference schedule with a 6-7 mark. MSU has won two of its last six matches.
The Spartans lost the doubles point to the Cardinals, marking the seventh time this season MSU has lost the initial point.
Louisville went on to claim all six singles matches in straight sets.
MSU returns to play March 21 when it travels to State College, Pa., to face No. 27 Penn State and then will return home March 23 to face No. 1 Ohio State.
1) Stiefelmeyer (UL) def. Lied (MSU) 6-2, 6-0
2) Wagner (UL) def. Pfister (MSU) 6-1, 6-1
3) Simich (UL) def. Mullane (MSU) 6-2, 6-3
4) Gornet (UL) def. Forman (MSU) 6-3, 6-3
5) Lippens (UL) def. Linders (MSU) 6-3, 6-2
6) Damrongsri (UL) def. Roy (MSU) 6-0, 6-2
1) Stiefelmeyer/Damrongsri (UL) def. Lied/Mullane (MSU) 8-4
2) Wagner/Simich (UL) def. Jadun/Linders (MSU) 8-4
3) Gornet/Brown (UL) def. Pfister/Forman (MSU)