EAST LANSING, Mich. -- Michigan State wrestling will feature a freshman periodically throughout the preseason in order to "Meet the Spartans" leading up to the 2017-18 season.
This week freshman Cameron Caffey (Carbondale, Illinois/Carbondale Community High School) sat down with msuspartans.com to answer some questions.
1. Why did you choose to wrestle at Michigan State?
I believe MSU's wrestling program is on the come-up, and I want to be a part of it.
2. What are you most excited about as you begin your Spartan wrestling career?
I'm looking forward to utilizing the state-of-the-art workout facilities that Michigan State has to offer, as well as having a room full of guys to push me and make me a better wrestler.
3. When did you first start wrestling?
I started wrestling in fifth grade (the 2009-2010 season). Started freestyle and greco in seventh grade.
4. Favorite wrestling memory?
Don't have one.
5. What your major at Michigan State and why?
Computer engineering. Technology is a big part of our lives, and it's not going away. Computer engineering will let me keep up with and be a part of the growing role of technology.
6. Who has taught you the most about wrestling growing up?
I can't say that just one person taught me the most. Different coaches of mine taught me different aspects of the sport.
7. What superhero power would you have if you could choose one?
An advanced healing factor would be game changing. I get injured way too much.
8. Favorite meal?
Double bacon cheeseburger with seasoned fries.
9. Favorite TV show?
10. Favorite thing to do besides wrestling?
Play video games