EAST LANSING, Mich. -- Michigan State wrestling will feature a freshman periodically throughout the preseason in order to “Meet the Spartans” leading up to the 2017-18 season.
This week freshman Brad Wilton (Mason, Mich./Mason High School) sat down with msuspartans.com to answer some questions.
1. Why did you choose to wrestle at Michigan State?
I love that the team felt like a huge family, everybody has each other’s back on and off the mat. It has also been a dream of mine to wrestle for MSU.
2. What are you most excited about as you begin your Spartan wrestling career?
I am most excited to be a part of the Spartan wrestling family and push to win championships.
3. When did you first start wrestling?
I first started wrestling at the age of 4.
4. Favorite wrestling memory?
My favorite wrestling memory was in high school, Mason wrestled Dewitt which was ranked #2 in the state and nobody had us winning and we pulled it out as it came down to the heavyweight match.
5. What your major at Michigan State and why?
Business marketing or supply chain.
6. Who has taught you the most about wrestling growing up?
7. What superhero power would you have if you could choose one?
To be Spiderman.
8. Favorite meal?
My mom’s lasagna
9. Favorite TV show?
Major league fishing
10. Favorite thing to do besides wrestling?
Hunt and Fish