EAST LANSING, Mich. -- Michigan State wrestling will feature a freshman periodically throughout the preseason in order to “Meet the Spartans” leading up to the 2017-18 season.
This week freshman Cole Nye (Harrisburg, Pa./Bishop McDevitt High School) sat down with msuspartans.com to answer some questions.
1. Why did you choose to wrestle at Michigan State?
I chose to wrestle at Michigan State because it’s a program on the rise and has potential to really be a powerhouse in the future, and that’s something I want to be a part of.
2. What are you most excited about as you begin your Spartan wrestling career?
Building friendships with my teammates that will last a lifetime.
3. When did you first start wrestling?
I first started wrestling when I was 7 years old.
4. Favorite wrestling memory?
Winning my 2nd State title in high school.
5. What your major at Michigan State and why?
Construction management - I eventually want to run my family company, and construction management will give me a good insight of what I will need to know in the future to be successful in my field.
6. Who has taught you the most about wrestling growing up?
My club coach, Chris Priar.
7. What superhero power would you have if you could choose one?
The ability to read other people’s minds.
8. Favorite meal?
9. Favorite TV show?
That 70’s Show
10. Favorite thing to do besides wrestling?
Play pickup basketball