Meet the Spartans: Kevin Koenig
Get to know new Spartan freshman wrestler Kevin Koenig
EAST LANSING, Mich. -- Michigan State wrestling will feature a freshman periodically throughout the preseason in order to “Meet the Spartans” leading up to the 2017-18 season.
This week freshman Kevin Koenig (Laingsburg, Mich./Laingsburg High School) sat down with msuspartans.com to answer some questions.
1. Why did you choose to wrestle at Michigan State?
It’s always been a dream to wrestle for a Big Ten school like MSU.
2. What are you most excited about as you begin your Spartan wrestling career?
To see the goals and heights that I can accomplish!
3. When did you first start wrestling?
When I was in the 3rd grade.
4. Favorite wrestling memory?
Winning my first state championship.
5. What your major at Michigan State and why?
Kinesiology because I’ve always been interested in the human body.
6. Who has taught you the most about wrestling growing up?
My coach Nick Rowley
7. What superhero power would you have if you could choose one?
8. Favorite meal?
9. Favorite TV show?
10. Favorite thing to do besides wrestling?
Be with my friends