EAST LANSING, Mich. -- Michigan State wrestling will feature a freshman periodically throughout the preseason in order to “Meet the Spartans” leading up to the 2017-18 season.
This week freshman Jaden Enriquez (Tulare, Calif./Mission Oak High School) sat down with msuspartans.com to answer some questions.
1. Why did you choose to wrestle at Michigan State?
I chose Michigan State because I felt the coaching staff and the culture there was just amazing. The coaches made me feel like I was at home and I felt like I could win a National Title here.
2. What are you most excited about as you begin your Spartan wrestling career?
I’m excited about becoming better and stepping into a room with more partners and different coaches and to see myself evolve into a national champ.
3. When did you first start wrestling?
I started Wrestling when I was 4 years old. So this has been a long journey.
4. Favorite wrestling memory?
I would say my favorite memory would be winning state this year and experiencing it with my dad.
5. What’s your major at Michigan State and why?
I’m looking to major in either in business management or criminal justice because I like business and I feel like I can bring people together to have something big, or with criminal justice I just see my self on that side of the law and contributing to my country.
6. Who has taught you the most about wrestling growing up?
Definitely my Dad.
7. What superhero power would you have if you could choose one?
I would have to say be able to control things with my mind so if I want a soda from the fridge I wouldn’t have to get up from the couch.
8. Favorite meal?
9. Favorite TV show?
10. Favorite thing to do besides wrestling?
I like to play Video games and play cards.