Meet the Spartans: Nathan Ellis
Get to know new Spartan freshman wrestler Nathan Ellis
EAST LANSING, Mich. -- Michigan State wrestling will feature a freshman periodically throughout the preseason in order to “Meet the Spartans” leading up to the 2017-18 season.
This week freshman Nathan Ellis (Holly, Mich./Goodrich High School) sat down with msuspartans.com to answer some questions.
1. Why did you choose to wrestle at Michigan State?
I wanted to surround myself with some of the best wrestlers in the country, also MSU is considered #1 in the country in my major.
2. What are you most excited about as you begin your Spartan wrestling career?
I am excited to continue my wrestling career and seeing where it takes me.
3. When did you first start wrestling?
I began wrestling when I was in the 1st grade.
4. Favorite wrestling memory?
Wrestling in the state finals in 2016.
5. What’s your major at Michigan State and why?
Supply chain management, I am interested in how things flow in a business.
6. Who has taught you the most about wrestling growing up?
My father has taught me the most about wrestling growing up about training and eating the right things.
7. What superhero power would you have if you could choose one?
My superhero power would be super speed, wrestling would be a lot easier with that.
8. Favorite meal?
9. Favorite TV show?
10. Favorite thing to do besides wrestling?
I love to golf with my friends and family.