Jan. 4, 2009
- Redshirt junior Lauren Aitch led the team in scoring for the third time this season with 14 points, going 7-of-11 from the field. The 14 points is the second most in her career in a Big Ten game.
- Over the past two games, Aitch is averaging 13.0 points per game, while shooting 13-of-19 (68.4%).
- Redshirt freshman Lykendra Johnson grabbed nine rebounds in 23 minutes off the bench, also adding five points, two assists and two steals. Johnson has posted nine rebounds in each of the last two games.
- Redshirt junior Aisha Jefferson had nine rebounds, her second most this season, and a season-high three assists.
- Junior Allyssa DeHaan moved into 15th place on the all-time Michigan State scoring list with 1,092. She also became 12th all-time with 431 field goals made.
- MSU held Ohio State to 26.7% (4-of-15) shooting from behind the arc. OSU entered the day leading the Big Ten with a 38.9-percentage.
- The Spartans outrebounded the Buckeyes, 40-36. MSU has grabbed more rebounds than its opponent in 11 of 15 games.
- Michigan State's bench totaled 33 points, 14 rebounds, six assists and six steals.