Jan. 28, 2007
- Junior Courtney Davidson started the first game of her career and sophomore Aisha Jefferson reentered the starting five after playing off the bench in the last four games ... The duo replaced freshman Allyssa DeHaan and sophomore Mia Johnson in the lineup.
- DeHaan blocked four shots, the 14th time this season the rookie rejected at least four shots ... DeHaan has 96 blocked shots this season, which is fifth in Big Ten history, as she passed Quacy Barnes (Indiana, 1996-97) for fifth with her final rejection ... She is four rejections shy of becoming the fourth player in Big Ten history to block 100 shots in a season.
- Senior Rene Haynes had four steals to tie for second place in school history with 224 career steals with Kim Archer (1994-98) ... Haynes has 19 steals in the last five games (4.8 per game).
- Senior Victoria Lucas-Perry had a team-high 13 points and was a perfect 3-for-3 from behind the arc ... Her 130 career 3-pointers is fifth in school history.
- Michigan State shot a season-high 63.6 percent (7-of-11) from 3-point land ... The seven 3-pointers ties for the second-best performance this season, as the Spartans hit 10 trifectas in 20 attempts against Indiana State on Nov. 24.
- Jefferson tied a season-high with five assists, originally set against Rhode Island on Nov. 29 ... Jefferson had six assists against Iowa in the Big Ten Tournament on March 3, 2006 ... She also tied a season-high with two blocked shots, originally set against Hofstra on Nov. 22.
- The Spartans, which used just two players off the bench (Johnson and DeHaan), scored a season-high 23 bench points ... DeHaan provided 12 and Johnson added 11.
- Rutgers, which entered the game shooting just 64.6 percent from the free throw line, shot 80 percent (16-for-20) from the charity stripe against Michigan State.