MSU advances to the Big Ten semifinals for the fifth straight year.
March 8, 2008
- Michigan State is 11-12 all-time in the Big Ten Tournament and 2-4 as the No. 5 seed.
- The Spartans are 3-0 against Minnesota in the Big Ten Tournament, including a 77-68 win in the quarterfinals last year.
- Michigan State is 7-3 in Big Ten Tournament quarterfinal games.
- Suzy Merchant is 1-0 in Big Ten Tournament games.
- This is Michigan State's seventh appearance in the semifinals and its fifth straight.
- Michigan State leads the all-time series with Minnesota, 32-17.
- The Spartans' win snapped a two-game losing streak against the Gophers.
- Michigan State has won six of its last seven games.
- Allyssa DeHaan scored all 12 of her points in the second half. She played just three minutes in the first half due to foul trouble. DeHaan now has 456 points this season, which is 15th most in Spartan single-season history.
- Mia Johnson's 10 free throws made and 11 attempts are both career highs.
- Michigan State improved to 7-1 this season in games decided by five points or less.
- Minnesota started the game shooting 1-for-21 from the field. The Spartans held first-team All-Big Ten selection Emily Fox to just seven points on 2-for-14 shooting.
-Michigan State has beaten Minnesota at least once every year since the 1999-2000 season.