March 23, 2014
- Michigan State is now 17-13 all-time in the NCAA Tournament, including an 11-2 record in the First Round.
- The 30-point victory was Michigan State's second-largest in an NCAA Tournament game. The Spartans beat Alcorn State, 73-41 in the 2005 first round.
- MSU's 91 points were the second-most scored in an NCAA Tournament game. The 1991 team scored 94 vs. Oklahoma State in three overtimes in the second round. It was also the fourth-most points scored this season.
- Michigan State scored 54 points in the first half, its most points in any half in NCAA Tournament history. The previous record was 48 in the second half vs. Stanford in the 2005 Elite 8.
- The Spartans' offensive effort was one of the best in Spartan NCAA history. Aside from being second in points, MSU broke the single-game free throw made record (21), was second in rebounds (54), field goal percentage (52.5%) and field goals made (32), and fourth in assists (18) and blocks (9).
- It was the second time in Spartan NCAA history that two Spartans posted double-doubles in the same game (March 14, 1997 vs. Portland). The double-doubles are the first in an NCAA game since the 2009 second round.
- Aerial Powers had her 10th double-double of the season with 26 points and 18 rebounds.
- Powers' 26 points are the third-most points scored by a Spartan in an NCAA Tournament game and tied for the seventh-most by a Spartan freshman.
- Powers' 18 rebounds broke MSU's NCAA Tournament single-game record and are tied for the fifth-most all-time by a Spartan freshman.
- Annalise Pickrel tied her career high with 21 points, and had a perfect shooting day, going 7-for-7 from the field, 3-for-3 from 3-point and 4-for-4 from the foul line.
- Klarissa Bell's seven assists are tied for the fourth-most by a Spartan in an NCAA Tournament game.
- Branndais Agee had her second career double-double with 10 points and 10 rebounds, in a career-high tying 30 minutes.
- It was the first all-time meeting between Michigan State and Hampton.
- It was the 11th time this season that MSU has scored at least 80 points, tying for the most all-time in program history.
- The Spartans are 19-0 this season when shooting more free throws than their opponent.
- With a game-high seven assists, Bell moved into 18th place on the MSU career assist list with 254. Bell also moved into 17th in career blocks with 49 and 19th in minutes played at 3,051.
- Both Bell and Pickrel played their 125th career games, good for 15th in Spartan history.
- Powers moved into second on the MSU freshman rebound list with 267. She also moved into fifth in career blocks by a freshman with 21.
- Michigan State moved into second on the program's single-season points list with 2367. The Spartans are also second in 3-point field goals (200) and fourth in free throws made (443).