Michigan State-Hartford Notes
Notes from Michigan State's 58-45 win in the Spartan Clash against Hartford.
Dec. 9, 2006
- Aisha Jefferson recorded 17 points and 10 rebounds for her second career double. Her other double-double came at Houston on Nov. 26.
- Allyssa DeHaan blocked four shots to move her season total up to 36, which is already tied for eighth in school history. She is tied with Annette Babers, who blocked 36 shots in 1991-92.
- Katrina Grantham grabbed three rebounds in the game, two on the offensive glass. Grantham has recorded 19 offensive rebounds this year against 21 on the defensive end.
- Senior Rene Haynes tied her career high with six steals, previously set in the season-opener against Bucknell. With 196 career steals, Haynes is four shy of becoming the sixth player in school history to reach 200 career swipes.
- The Spartans shot 0-for-12 from beyond the arc, marking the second time this season the team has failed to hit a 3-pointer in a game. The team has won both times, also beating UT Arlington, 65-49, on Nov. 19.
- The team's four-game streak of compiling 20 or more assists came to an end, as the Spartans had only 13 helpers in the game.