Michigan State 94, Florida Gulf Coast 71
Post Game Notes
Dec. 13, 2009
- MSU set a new program record with 13 made 3-pointers, knocking down 13-of-19 (68.4%). The previous record of 12 was set twice, most recently on Nov. 26, 2000 against Northwestern.
- As a team, MSU set season highs in points (94), field goals made (37), field goal percentage (64.9%), 3-point field goals made (13), 3-point field goal percentage (68.4%) and assists (26).
- The 64.9% shooting from the field is the second best performance in the nation so far this season.
- The 64.9% field goal percentage is also the best showing since the Spartans shot 65.3% at Oakland on Dec. 5, 2002.
- The 68.4% mark from 3-point range is the fourth best single-game percentage in the nation so far this season.
- The 13 made 3-pointers are the second most in the Big Ten this season and the 23rd most in the nation.
- The Spartans had six players score in double-figures for the first time since Feb. 18, 1996 vs. Michigan.
- Entering the game, FGCU had allowed only 55.7 points per game. MSU eclipsed that total in the first half.
- Its 57 first half points was two shy of the program record for points in a half, set in last season's opener vs. Niagara, when MSU posted 59 points in the second half.
- MSU led by as much as 36 in the first half, its largest lead of the season.
- The Spartans led 57-27 at the half, their biggest half time lead of the season.
- MSU is now 4-0 this season when Jasmine Thomas scores in double-figures.
- The Spartans have now outrebounded their last nine opponents. MSU held a 36-26 edge on the glass today.
- Jasmine Thomas tied her career high with 15 points and two steals, and set new career marks with nine assists (the most by a Spartan this season) and three made 3-pointers (matching her season total).
- Brittney Thomas had her first double-figuring scoring effort of the season with 13 points, including a career best 3-of-3 from behind the arc. Thomas entered the game 1-of-12 from 3-point range this season.
- Porsche Poole tied her season high with 10 points, knocking down a career-best two 3-pointers.
- Lauren Aitch tied her season high with seven made field goals, en route to scoring 14 points.
- Mandy Piechowski had a season-high four assists in only seven minutes.
- Lykendra Johnson had a game-high 10 rebounds in only 20 minutes, her second double-digit rebounding performance of the season and eighth of her career.
- With seven points, Aisha Jefferson moved into 19th place on the MSU career points list with 1,018.
- Allyssa DeHaan moved into fifth place in career free throws made with 299.
- Kalisha Keane is now 11th all-time at MSU with 78 made 3-pointers.
- Today was the first meeting between Michigan State and Florida Gulf Coast.