Dec. 31, 2009
- Michigan State has now won its last five meeting against Michigan and 13 of its last 14 games.
- The Spartans have now won eight in a row at the Breslin Center against Michigan.
- MSU outrebounded its 13th-straight opponent, holding a 37-30 edge on the boards.
- Kalisha Keane started her first game of the season.
- Keane tied her career high with four steals and knocked down a career best four 3-pointers, going 4-of-6.
- MSU is 5-1 this season when Keane scores 10 or more points.
- Lykendra Johnson set a career high with three made 3-point field goals, going 3-for-5, and tied her career high with six made free throws, going 6-for-8. Johnson also tied her career high with three blocks and set a season-high with three steals.
- Junior Brittney Thomas had a game- and season-high seven assists. With her seven assists, Thomas moved into 17th place on the MSU career assist list with 244.
- With four field goals made, Allyssa DeHaan moved into seventh place all-time at MSU with 571.
- MSU is now 8-2 this season when DeHaan scores in double-figures, and 60-18 in her career.
- The 86 points scored by the Spartans was the most allowed by Michigan this season and the most since allowing 87 points to Nebraska on Dec. 9, 2006. U-M had allowed only 61.5 points per game to this point this season.
- Lauren Aitch tied a career high in made free throws, hitting all six attempts. Aitch has now hit her last 15 free throws.
- The Spartans are now 6-0 this season when shooting more free throws than their opponents. MSU went 18-of-25 (a season-best 72.0%), while U-M was 7-of-9.
- MSU had 23 assists on its 29 made field goals.
- Jasmine Thomas had four assists to only one turnover. In her last five games, she has an 18-to-7 assist-to-turnover ratio.
- Michigan State is 5-1 this season in day games.
- The Spartans are now 2-1 all-time on New Year's Eve.
- MSU is now 9-1 this season when leading at the half.
- The Spartans' bench has outscored each of their opponents this season.
- MSU had a season-high attendance of 7,625 today.