Women's Tennis Suffers Loss to No. 54 Illinois
MSU women's tennis falls, 6-1, on the road to the Fighting Illini.
April 7, 2013
CHAMPAIGN, Ill. - Michigan State women's tennis was defeated by No. 54 Illinois on Sunday afternoon. The women's tennis team fell to 10-12 on the season, 0-6 in Big Ten play.
Notching the lone Spartan point was sophomore Catherine Parenteau on court three in singles play. Parenteau fell to Breanne Smutko in the first set, 0-6. In the second set, Parenteau edged Smutko, 7-5, and won the match after recording a 1-0 (10-6) in the third set.
MSU returns home to face Iowa on Saturday, April 13, at 12 p.m. and Nebraska on Sunday, April 14, at 12 p.m.
1. Melissa Kopinski (ILL) def. Marina Bohrer (MSU) 7-5, 6-3
2. Allison Falkin (ILL) def. Olga Chernova (MSU) 6-0, 6-1
3. Catherine Parenteau (MSU) def. Breanne Smutko (ILL) 0-6, 7-5, 1-0 (10-6)
4. Rachael White (ILL) def. Nicole Herzog (MSU) 7-5, 6-3
5. Misia Kedzierski (ILL) def. Emily Meyers (MSU) 6-1, 6-4
6. Julia Jamieson (ILL) def. Michaela Silesova (MSU) 7-5, 7-5
1. #21 Melissa Kopinski/Rachael White (ILL) def. Marina Bohrer/Catherine Parenteau (MSU) 8-0
2. Allison Falkin/Misia Kedzierski (ILL) def. Michaela Silesova/Nicole Herzog (MSU) 8-1
3. Julianne Gruber/Emily Meyers (MSU) def. Breanne Smutko/Audrey O'Connor (ILL) 8-4