Women's Tennis Falls at Big Ten Tournament
The Spartans were defeated by Illinois in the first round of the Big Ten Tournament.
April 25, 2013
BLOOMINGTON, Ind. - Michigan State women's tennis suffered a loss to No. 43 Illinois in the first round of the 2013 Big Ten Tournament on Thursday evening. The 12th-seeded Spartans fell 4-1, to the fifth-seeded Illini.
Freshman Emily Meyers picked up the lone Spartan point on court five in two sets, 6-4, 6-2. Meyers finished the season with a 14-12 record in dual matches.
The Spartans finished the season 11-16.
1. Allison Falkin (ILL) def. Marina Bohrer (MSU) 6-3, 6-1
2. Melissa Kopinski (ILL) vs. Olga Chernova (MSU) unfinished
3. Rachael White (ILL) def. Catherine Parenteau (MSU) 6-2, 6-3
4. Breanne Smutko (ILL) def. Nicole Herzog (MSU) 6-2, 6-4
5. Emily Meyers (MSU) def. Misia Kedzierski (ILL) 6-4, 6-2
6. Julia Jamieson (ILL) vs. Julianne Gruber (MSU) 6-3, 1-4, unfinished
1. #25 Melissa Kopinski/Rachael White (ILL) def. Marina Bohrer/Catherine Parenteau (MSU) 8-3
2. Allison Falkin/Misia Kedzierski (ILL) vs. Julianne Gruber/Emily Meyers (MSU) 5-4, unfinished
3. Audrey O'Connor/Breanne Smutko (ILL) def. Nicole Herzog/Michaela Silesova (MSU) 8-2